Dose-intensified Image-guided Fractionated Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Painful Spinal Metastases (DOSIS) versus Conventional Radiation Therapy: a Phase II Randomised Controlled Trial
Prof. Dr. Matthias Guckenberger
University Hospital Zurich
● Phase II, international, multicenter, randomized, open-label, prospective, controlled study
● To compare long-term pain control after dose-intensified image-guided hypofractionated SBRT employing SIB versus conventional radiation therapy for painful mass-type spinal metastases.
● Ethics approval obtained in Switzerland
● First patient recruited at University Hospital Zürich in September 2016
● The study is open to all interested institutions.
● Detailed information is provided here (Invitation DOSIS RCT)
Major findings and results:
Matthias Guckenberger, Maria Hawkins, Michael Flentje, Reinhart A Sweeney
Fractionated radiosurgery for painful spinal metastases: DOSIS - a phase II trial.
BMC Cancer 2012 Nov 19;12:530. doi: 10.1186/1471-2407-12-530. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23164174